Re: Translation of init scripts

Bernhard Rieder wrote:
> My proposal has nothing to do with the translation of
> init scripts at all but I think it would also be fine
> to do some kind of logging (at least ist some script
> was sucessful or failed). Some of us have logos or
> use SVGATextMode so paging up will not work always.

This is yet another reason to add an abstraction layer. If you have an
abstraction layer, it can do the logging and you only have to modify that
one thing to get logging.

(However, using start-stop-daemon as the abstraction layer wouldn't handle
logging error messages output to stderr or strout..)

--
see shy jo