Re: Translation of init scripts

On Wed, Jul 14, 1999 at 12:36:48PM -0300, Lalo Martins wrote:

> Of course this is the best-looking solution, but Joey Hess has
> an even better one, look in the list :-)

Ehm... I picked up this message in debian-devel-announce, but since I cannot
(I'm still not a mantainer, so I guess I cannot) read debian-devel, could you
please forward me Joey's solution?

> The "somewhere" is harder :-) "/share"? Should we be creating
> this directory just for locales? Sounds stupid to have something
> named "share" on root. Or "/lib"?

/lib/locale seems the most sensible one, but I still haven't read the FS
standard; a fancy solution could however be to compile the potfiles as a kernel
module and read them from /proc/locale :-)

What about that one on providing a common framework for init script
notification? Should I wait to see Joey's proposal for that one, too?

BTW, since today I'm on the fancy side, and since there is this fbcon growing
out fast, a common framework could even allow for... err... initscript
themes? =:-)

Bye! Enrico

--
GPG public key available on finger -l zinie@cs.unibo.it