Re: XDMCP - Help!

"EXT AVS; Ingo Saitz" wrote:

> MoiN
>
> On Mon, 12 Jul 1999, Michael Beattie wrote:
>

> > I have two Machines on a network. I want to be able to have the xdm
> > chooser used on both machines' X servers, so I can choose where to login.
>
> 1. xdm must be started on both hosts, but it *mustn't* start any X server
>    (/etc/X11/xdm/Xservers is empty but comments)
>
> 2. The X server must be startet via /etc/inittab with the option
>    "-indirect `hostname`"
>
> 3. all hosts you want to login should be listed in /etc/X11/xdm/Xaccess
>    (or use the BROADCAST option)
>
> > Can someone explain this to me? I am completely lost.
>
> You can find some info about this in the man page for xdm (look for
> chooser). This setup runs in our University very well.
>
>     Ingo

I have also been trying to get something like this to work but all my
attempt have failed. None of these attempt have ever been close to anything
in your post. Information on the net isn't there to give a real clue to this.

Would you please consider making this into a mini XDM-HOWTO and publish it
on the web or LDP.

//Gunnar Isaksson