Re: Existing package with new component.

On Mon, Jul 12, 1999 at 07:02:14AM -0400, Jaldhar H. Vyas wrote:
> I'm about to make a new upload of imap which for the first time will
> feature a shared c-client library which will be in its own package.  imap
> will automatically be installed because it is an upgrade to an existing
> package but as the shared c-client lib is new, it may languish in incoming
> for some time.  The trouble is in the mean time, the imap package will be
> rendered unusable.  How do I ensure both packages get installed at the
> same time?

If both imap and libc-client# are built from the same source package,
they will rot^H^H^Hwait in Incoming together.

If not, you can upload just the new one, and after it gets accepted,
upload the old one. I know no other workaround, but do I know that
this damaged the archive with unmet dependencies on numerous occassions.

--
enJoy -*/\*- spelled 'iosip', or simply 'joseph'