Existing package with new component.

I'm about to make a new upload of imap which for the first time will
feature a shared c-client library which will be in its own package.  imap
will automatically be installed because it is an upgrade to an existing
package but as the shared c-client lib is new, it may languish in incoming
for some time.  The trouble is in the mean time, the imap package will be
rendered unusable.  How do I ensure both packages get installed at the
same time?

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@debian.org>