Re: FreeLinux (Debian/GNU BSD)

According to Hamish Moffatt:
> On Sat, Jul 10, 1999 at 11:14:40PM -0700, Gary Kline wrote:
> > 	Is a separate list really necessary?  Until there are at
> > 	least dozens hard-core committed and there is a real
> > 	Core group form, all you'd have is yet-anoter-mailinglist.
>
> At the moment we are sending to a FreeBSD list, a Debian list,
> and a few individuals, I think this is non-optimal.
>
> > 	As I see it--and it's been 15 years since I did any serious
> > 	kernel hacking--the main effort would be adding the GNU|Linux
> > 	extra-kernel code to the FreeBSD kernel.  How many hacker-
> > 	years' effort this is, I don't know.
> >
> > 	Is it worth the effort?  Dunno; how many folks are willing
> > 	to commit to some N 90-hour weeks?
>
> First I think we need to work out what the goal would be. I've already
> suggested an alternative goal which I personally think would be much
> more valuable.

		Understand your point of view.  Perhaps you can
		set up a majordomo list to discuss porting issue,
		goals, and the rest of it.

		I know what I'd like to see happen; my goals
		may not jibe with others' but probably do intersect.
		Let's take this off-line and give the FBSD ports
		list and the debian lists a break.   See how far
		this goes.

		Please sign me up for any interim list.

		gary