Re: RPMEMU emulates RPM on Debian (IBM DB2 on Debian)

You misunderstand.  Alien works well.  It does report some confused
messages when it is repackaging binary packages and ldd discovers that
some libraries are unknown.  AFAICT, the repackaging is OK.

The reason for rpmemu is that the setup program for DB2 on GNU/Linux
is hard coded to use rpm.  rpmemu fools the setup program into
believing it is installing RPM's when it is really installing DEB's.