Re: Re[gnu.misc.discuss,gnu.emacs.gnus] Free software: Packagers vs Developers

In message <[🔎] 873dyyo2lf.fsf@bittersweet.sysc.pdx.edu> you wrote:

> Yes!  This is what we often need.  I'm not good enough at it to write
> software yet, but I can package it for you and learn from that.  It's
> how I can participate in the process right now.  How can I make it
> easier on the software authors?  If I'm truely underfoot, say so.

Right.  BTW, Karl, your working on XEmacs 21 right?

I hope you've learned from the recent discussion that changing default
configuration and changing the filenames of home-dir dotfiles is
not a good idea, right?

I think the best thing for you is to join the XEmacs developer list,
announce yourself, work on some bugs and lurk for a while, and if
you have any brilliant ideas or projects, you should discuss them
with the upstream developers first.