How to publish software?

Hi,

  I have spent some time, writing a piece of software, that so far I found
  rather useful. The thing it does is to browse the file /var/lib/dpkg/status
  and the /usr/doc directory.

  From the information gathered it creates a menu-sourcefile that can be bound
  to a key or button. This menu then will give fast access to all documentation
  there in plain or compressed text.

  Up to now it is restricted to fvwm2 (cause I use that of course) and will
  stay that way if I decide to keep it just for my own private use.

  But maybe others would find it useful too, but how to find out?

  That leads to my question, stated in the subject of my mail.

  Hope for help,

  Helmut.