Re: In bed with Apt

Marant Jerome <jerome_marant@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Why not giving a simple directory where ou can find debs and
> Packages.gz and that's it ?

I don't know, what you don't do so. I do so :-)

Simply put your deb files into /foo/bar and create the Packages file
like this:

$ dpkg-scanpackages . /dev/null | gzip -c | Packages.gz

Then add the following line to your /etc/apt/sources.list:

deb file:/foo/bar ./

That's all.

You don't have to do this. It's an additional feature, if you have
many deb files for many architectures in many directories.

But nobody obliges you to use this feature.

Tschoeeee

        Roland

--
 * roland@spinnaker.de * http://www.spinnaker.de/ *
 PGP: 1024/DD08DD6D   2D E7 CC DE D5 8D 78 BE  3C A0 A4 F1 4B 09 CE AF