Re: perl update broke latest debhelper ?!

On Tue, Jul 06, 1999 at 10:18:50AM -0700, Joey Hess wrote:
> > > Most liekly this is so. I would reccomend that people *not* use fakeroot if
> > > you're building anything with suid permissions or other abnoramilities. It
> > > is badly broken.
> > When did this happen?
>
> I suepect when we switched to libc6 2.1, but I don't really know.

I thought the proper way to do things was to leave things normal
permission and make them suid/sgid in postinst if suidregister isn't
available ....  debhelper and fakeroot should have nothing to do with
things in such a case.

* dark has changed the topic on channel #debian to: Later tonight: After
  months of careful refrigeration, Debian 2.0 is finally cool enough to
  release.