Re: Closing bugs in a changelog

On 05-Jul-99, 23:21 (CDT), "Darren/Torin/Who Ever..." <torin@daft.com> wrote:
> Where might I find the docs on how to have dinstall automatically close
> my bugs for me when it installs my packages??

There aren't any. This great new feature (no sarcasm -- I *do* think
it's useful) is documented in occasional referals to an e-mail by Guy
back in January. If you look in the -devel archives around 24-June-1999
for a thread titled "Automatically closing bugs", one or two of the
messages have a few examples that should be enough to get you going
(although I don't think that was the original topic of the thread).

Why it is apparently impossible to put that information in a 20 line
document and then include a link to that document from the "Developer's
Corner", or include that document in the dpkg-dev package, or any number
of other possible distribution mechanisms that don't involve trying
random subject searches of the maillist archives (which are useless
because the [censored] links *never* work, no matter how [censored] old
they are, so you have to then go browse the [censored] subject indices
anyway), is beyond me.

Yes, I know people are busy. But all the effort spend modifying dinstall
is wasted if people can't figure out how to use it.

Steve