Re: Is the `swirl' available in .xcf form?

karlheg@cathcart.sysc.pdx.edu (Karl M. Hegbloom) writes:

[snip]

>  In order to make a nice version of the Debian
>  logo with a shadow like that, I need a Gimp .xcf file of it, I think,
>  so I can have the red part on a layer of it's own.

Using the EPS files at <URL:http://www.spinnaker.de/debian/logo/>, I
created a PNG file using `convert' from Imagemagick, and imported it
into GIMP.  I had to fiddle with the resolution (-density) a bit to
make it the size I needed, but the eventual result is my new Debian
link button at:

    http://home.clear.net.nz/pages/c.evans/pic/debian-now-2.1-s.xcf

This isn't the final version; I need to fiddle with the fonts a bit,
and wait for the result of the vote on the logo.  I think the current
version looks better than my previous one with a miniature Tux,
though.

>  Have we decided whether the open use and official logos should be
>  swapped or not?  I'm using just the swirl, without the vase.

There's a vote in progress:

    http://www.debian.org/vote/1999/vote_0005

I don't want to have to use the vase, myself - there's no way I can
fit it on a link button.

			 print [<>]->[rand$.]