Re: Moving contrib and non-free of master.debian.org

On Mon, 28 Jun 1999, Ruud de Rooij wrote:

> On 1999/06/28, Goswin Brederlow wrote:
> >
> > non-US/main is part of main and without it you will not have all of
> > main. There is no point in sticking something to non-US just for a
> > depend, it wouldn't belong there.
>
> It is very frustrating for a beginner to find that the new Debian CD he just
> bought has packages on it [s]he can't install.

I think there should be Official Debian CDs with non-US programs on them.
The images for these CDs would of course need to be on a host outside the
USA. That way, people that don't live in the USA will not have the problem
of not getting non-US on CD. Why should the whole world suffer from a
stupid law that exists in only one country?

> non-US/main is part of main.  Then why do you object to uploading such a
> package to non-US/main?  In your opinion, it's part of main anyway.

It can only really be a part of main if it's shipped on Official Debian
CDs, IMNSHO.

Remco
--
rd1936:  1:25am  up 12 days, 16:18,  5 users,  load average: 1.20, 1.23, 1.28