Re: Postfix as default MTA?

Craig Sanders <cas@taz.net.au> writes:

> it's got a "plain english" config file, well documented with comments
> and examples. the defaults work fine for simple installs. changing the
> configuration is mostly a matter of uncommenting or making minor changes
> to sample lines in the main.cf file.

Yes, but I'm curious what its *advantages* are over exim, not all the
ways in which it's the same.  :-)

(Perhaps all that anti-spam stuff is the answer I was looking for.
And in any case, I'm still *not* objecting to the proposal, just
looking for info -- and replies can still come directly to me, rather
than to the list....)

I do think (as others have commented) that we should wait until more
testing has been done before switching defaults (again), but if we
don't find any flaws during the burn-in period, than I'll be more than
happy to switch, if that's what people want.