Re: New Debian Book

On Mon, 28 Jun 1999 othman@cs.wustl.edu wrote:

> Hi Dale,
>
> Sorry if you already received this e-mail.  Our mail server has been a
> bit flakey lately (that's what happens when sys admins don't run Linux!
> :)
>
> On 25 Jun, Dale Scheetz wrote:
>  > Congratulations guys! Welcome to the ranks of "the published" ;-)
>  >
>  > I'm very glad to see this book finally make it into print.
>
> Thanks so much for the support Dale!!  It was really alot of fun for
> the both of us.  When will your book be in stores?  I'd be interested
> in purchasing a copy.

Well, I'm told that it is in Borders, although we haven't had one of those
in Tallahassee until a few weeks ago. I plan to go into town this weekend
and take a look, just to see if it is "really" there.

My book has been in print, and on at least some book store shelves since
late 1997, and is soon to come out in a "third" edition, if I can ever get
the X11 section up-to-date ;-)

If your local book store doesn't have it, you can always order it directly
from Linux Press at www.linuxpress.com.

I also have another, more general, Linux book out from Linux Press, called
"Linux Volume1: ac to zcat, the basics", which is crammed full of
information on general Linux tools. There are plans for a second volume
dedicated to development tools and libraries, which will get done as soon
as I can get off my "dead ass" and get it finished ;-)

Best of luck with your endeavors,

Dwarf