Re: Moving contrib and non-free of master.debian.org

Decklin Foster <decklin@home.com> writes:

> > But wouldn't a better name than 'contrib' be in order for the
> > purpose it serves?
>
> Absolutely. Consider what 'contrib' is on most Red Hat CD's! When I
> first switched to Debian, it took a while to figure this out. Consider
> the newbies...

Yeah, consider what contrib is called on SuSe, when I first saw a SuSe
system I had too search for hours, let them rename it. :)

Sorry, but thats a stupid reason.

> In this case I *really* think it would be more expedient to get more
> people in the new-maintainer team, instead of kludging around the fact
> that it takes a while to be proccessed. Setting this kind of area up
> just sucks up more manpower.

How many people are waiting for maintainership and how many are
working on them?

MfG,
	Goswin