Re: ITP: wipe

Thomas Schoepf wrote:

> This tool includes the rc6 algorithm (which is patented?) but only as
> source code - it's not compiled into the binary. Can it still go into
> main? I will only package it, if it can.

Patented or no, distributing source code should be no problem (source
code is not a device).  But if this implementation can be used for
encryption when it is compiled, then the package will have to go in
non-US.

Your best option is probably to leave that code out of the source
package (which will therefore not be "pristine"), since you're not
using it anyway.

Richard Braakman