Re: Moving contrib and non-free of master.debian.org

On Wed, Jun 23, 1999 at 12:34:49AM +0200, Marco d'Itri wrote:
> On Jun 21, Wichert Akkerman - Debian project leader <leader@debian.org> wrote:
>
>  >The Debian distribution itself consists only of the main-tree. Contrib
>  >and non-free are there mostly as a (popular) service to our users. But
> What about software depending on GNUPG?
> My c-nocem package is free and GNUPG is free too.
> WTF are you proposing to move it out of the main distribution? Only
> because master happens to be located in a country with moronic laws?
> I HATE that.

Marco, please note that non-us is orthogonal to main/contrib/non-free.

non-us is also split into main/contrib/non-free. Please browse
pandora.debian.org (the new main non-us server) to figure that out.

Debian consists only of main. That's written in policy and is true ever
since. non-us is not related to this discussion at all.

Marcus