Re: Re^2: Moving contrib and non-free of master.debian.org

On Wed, Jun 23, 1999 at 05:23:00PM +0100, Marco Budde wrote:

> And Debian is useless without non-free.

Could you elaborate? For some months now I have not been using any programs from non-free or contrib, and about the only inconvenience I experience is the absence of netscape. Still, with the combination of lynx (speed) and mozilla (graphical rendering) I get my work done, and this is becoming less of a problem as mozilla approaches maturity.

> we should improve the quality of Debian and the free software.

I agree. One way to improve the quality of free software is to promote its use. This is the purpose of the proposed Debian archive split.

Stefan