Re: install-info --remove in prerm?

On Mon, 21 Jun 1999, Josip Rodin wrote:

> Is there some specific reason why that command can't be run from
> the post-installation script (postrm)?

I suppose it is usually better to unregister something when it is still
in the system than doing it after it has been removed (the unregistering
process may require something from the files to be unregistered).

Whether this is really important or not for info files specifically I
don't know, but I think it makes sense as a general rule.

--
 "eeeb096eaae7a58380719a080d7c85ea" (a truly random sig)