Re: Moving contrib and non-free of master.debian.org

Hamish Moffatt wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 22, 1999 at 01:34:42PM +0200, Sven LUTHER wrote:
> > Why contrib ? contrib is perfectly dfsg software, there is no reason not to
> > distribute it the same way as main ?
>
> Because it's useless without non-free.

And it generally has the 'stigma', if you will, of non-free software, even
though it itself is free...

Just like I guess KDE has the stigma of non-free even though it, itself is
licensed under the GPL, but it still depends on the QT library version 1.x,
which is non-free software.

/me ducks before somebody that packages and upstream maintains a 'contrib'
package bops him!

--Brock

---------------------  PGP key ID: FED76A3D <brock@cyberdude.com> 4 / 5 / 1999

   __ _    Debian GNU       R. Brock Lynn             (bytopian on irc #debian)
  / /(_)_ __  _   ___  __   http://www.debian.org/     irc.openprojects.net
 / / | | '_ \| | | \ \/ /                    Free Software!
/ /__| | | | | |_| |>  <    Remember that's "Free" as in Freedom!,
\____/_|_| |_|\__,_/_/\_\   Not Free as in price.      Debian's 'Da Bomb!