Re: md5 package summaries on ftp server (was Re: System integrity)

On Wed, Jun 23, 1999 at 12:15:30AM -0600, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:

> Since not every package uses the md5sum file why don't you compute the md5
> directly from the tar file (dpkg-deb -fsys-tarfile or some such)? That way
> it works for all packages.
>
> Jason

Um...the script does that.  It uses a DEBIAN/md5sums file if it exists,
otherwise extracts the data from the deb file and creates the md5sums from
that (excluding conf files).

Chris

       As a computer, I find your faith in technology amusing.
Reply with subject 'request key' for PGP public key.  KeyID 0xA9E087D5