Re: 2.2.10 and masquerading.

On Sun, Jun 20, 1999 at 07:40:35PM +1200, Michael Beattie wrote:

> I cannot seem to be able to get IP masqueraing going with the 2.2.10
> kernel...
>
> Anyone else with better luck? any tips?
>
> There seems to be no CONFIG_IP_FORWARD option at all, which I have a
> feeling was there in 2.2.5.
>
> The only good news is that my sound works better so far, no glitches with
> output from x11amp. 2.2.5 would lock my box up when playing sound.

I'm using 2.2.8[1] and ipchains is very confused... performing any operation
on the 'forward' chain gives "ipchains: No chain by that name", even though
'ipchains -L' lists it as there.

[1] Hmm.. embarrassing... All this time I've been under the impression that
I've been running 2.3.5 (the kernel-image package I have installed), and
when I go to check with uname, I find I'm still running 2.2.5.  Guess  I
need to read a bit more on those make-kpkg docs... :-)

--
Robert Donn
"I was walking down the street..."