Re: problem with gnome panel and latest orbit

> I was wondering if you could perhaps help me figure out why the
> gnome-panel doesn't load up when gnome-session starts?

try running gnomecc and looking at 'Startup programs'... gnome-session
also has some options like --failsafe, --choose-session,
--trash-saves, etc.... use 'gnome-session --help'. As for the panel
startup, if anyone is still having problems 'gnome-name-service &' may
help.