Re: Debian SGML/XML packages (was Package wanted: libxml-grove-perl)

On Wed, Jun 16, 1999 at 10:42:48PM +0200, Ardo van Rangelrooij wrote:

> Stephane Bortzmeyer <bortzmeyer@pasteur.fr> writes:
>
> > It would be useful to have a Web page of all Debian XML tools and
> > only them (at the present time, not much even in potato, but this
> > is a reflection of the state of XML - I mean the technical state,
> > not the marketing one).
>
> Ok, makes sense.  I also propose putting things in categories similar
> to what Robin Cover has done in
> http://www.oasis-open.org/cover/publicSW.html and
> http://www.oasis-open.org/cover/xml.html#xmlSoftware.

I'm looking over the pages right now... seems like a reasonable enough
format (though a bit large and slow to load over my dialup connection,
perhaps the TOC should be a different page than each section?)

> > On Monday 14 June 1999, at 18 h 53, the keyboard of Ardo van Rangelrooij
> > <avrangel@flevonet.nl> wrote:
> >
> > > We could even extend this into a set of web pages listing all the
> > > SGML and XML packages (and even those that are not yet) available
> > > in Debian,
> >
> > Yes. Any volunteer?
>
> I think we already got one, otherwise I would have taking it up myself.

That would be me!  As soon as I look into WML, I plan to start the
page... should be very soon (sometime this week)... still working out
some local problems that occurred when I was forced to go back on a
dialup for the summer :p

> > > Further, we could even setup a debian-sgml-xml mailing list to
> > > discuss related issues.
> >
> > <AOL>Good idea.</AOL>
>
> I've been on the web for some years already, but what does AOL mean in
> this context?

It's a reference to a supposed habit of American On-Line users to quote
the entirety of a newsgroup post and only add the words "Me too!" to
the very top... so it's a humorous way to say "I agree" :)

Thanks,
Stevie
- hoping he got all the attributions in the message properly sorted :)

--
'Mounten' wird für drei Dinge benutzt: 'Aufsitzen' auf Pferde, 'einklinken'
von Festplatten in Dateisysteme, und, nun, 'besteigen' beim Sex.

-- Christa Keil