Re: RFC: future of the smbfs and smbfsx packages

Hi Raul,

In article <[🔎] 19990609090703.C11178@hazel> you wrote:

> Option 3: build a package which includes both sets of binaries
> (perhaps stuffed under /usr/lib/smb/) with wrappers which detect
> kernel version and run appropriate binary with appropriate
> arguments.

Yes, I have thought about this, but this would mean a maintenance
nightmare since the two packages come from different upstream sources,
one that changes a lot (Samba) and another one that never changes (old
smbfs package that is no longer maintained).

The idea looks fine now that I think about it, though. I'll give it
serious consideration.

Thanks!

peloy.-