Re: WindowMaker theme with Raul's swirl created

On Mon, Jun 07, 1999 at 11:28:32AM -0700, Ben Gertzfield wrote:

> I'm sure this would make a lot of people happy. :) But maybe you
> should just include it as *a* theme, instead of the default..  I
> personally like it a lot, but what about people running in 8bpp?

whoops... got too excited about this... you are right.  I should keep the
defautl theme 8bpp/low resolution friendly.  Which it is, IIRC.

>     Marcelo> The format of the .lsm file will prove to be a real
>     Marcelo> challenge for my wmaker-theme-package package... I have
>     Marcelo> to loosen the parser a bit.
>
> Is it malformed? :(

Nope.  But t.o basically says (I'm not quoting) "include an lsm file,
include it anywhere you want, just include it".  It doesn't say which fields
are mandatory and which aren't.  The lsm-template doc says:

| Mandatory fields: Title, Version, Entered-date, Description, Primary-site.

Debian.tar.gz correctly includes "Title" (instead of "Theme Name") and
Copying-policy (instead of "Copyright").  In fact, Debian.tar.gz does
exactly what the FAQ at wm.t.o says: include an lsm file.  A random .lsm
from t.o looks like this:

  Theme Name      : SomeName
  Author          : Some A. Name <san@email.org>
  Webpage         : http://some.url.org/
  Description     : Some text about foos and bars and their interaction with
                    several quuxuum inside a wm theme package
  Copyright       : Where the pics came from, usully.  Who made what.
                    No actual copyright statement.

I guess after the Debian theme is processed by the t.o crew, it will look
this this.  Or I guess it will end up in REDO.

Thanks,

	Marcelo