Re: #38544: Gettext solution (Was: Re: gettext packages)

> >  My proposal is to move the gettext binary to the libc6 package (or some
> > othe essential package) and leave the gettext package for developers.
>
> Problem: You can not move only the binary. You would have to move the source
> also. This would make a huge diff against libc ;-)

 So the best fix for this problem is to try to get it fixed upstream. Glibc
took the library from gettext? They should take also this little binary...
 This makes a lot of sense. The library is all C programs need to be
internationalizaed, the library + the gettext binary is all scripts need to
be internationalized.