Anacron (was: Add "nice -10" to /etc/crontab run-parts commands?)

On Sat, May 29, 1999 at 09:27:12PM -0500, David Welton wrote:
> 5. Lots of people who run their boxes at home use anacron, and it
> would be nice to have the big jobs run without disturbing the user
> much.  Anacron runs all the unrun jobs shortly after booting up, just
> when you are loggin in and getting going... Anything to help this out
> would be good.

Now, where you are talking about anacron: Does anybody know of a program to
detect idle times of the system? I do not have my machine running all the
time, so cron won't do for me, but with anacron, I have the problem that the
jobs are done in the worst moment - right when I want to start working.

Is there any way to track any signs of the system being busy (keys, mouse,
system load, perhaps others) and start jobs during idle times? That would be
a very nice alternative to cron and anacron!

Ciao,
Nobbi

-- JESUS CHRIST IS LORD!
--          To Him, even that machine here has to obey...
--
-- Hindenburgstr. 44  ...  D-91054 Erlangen  ...  Germany