bug in install

Folks, there's a nasty ugly bug at install that's pissing me off.

I didn't have any choice as to whether or not to use a custom kernel. That
stupid WD7000 crap in 2.0.36 was screwing up the machine at boot. So I
built a custom 2.2.9 kernel.

Install expects the 'rescue' disk you provide with the kernel on it to be
*EXT2*.

The rescue disk is NOT ext2. It is either msdos, minix, or syslinux. Never
ext2.

This should be fixed ASAP. It took me three days of fiddling with this to
get it to work with a hacked ext2 floppy.

-prj