multi-binary package without debian/dirs

I'm working on a multi-binary package.  I don't want to use debian/dirs and
debian/dirs.package2 because the package names change (we are having different
package names for development and release versions).
I have a problem with dh_fixperms.  It has no way of knowing about all the
directories being used in the -dev package (the non-default package) and is not
changing the permissions on usr/include in this package.

What is the best way of getting dh_fixperms working in this situation?

Russell Coker