Re: 2.2.x bug...

On Wed, Jun 02, 1999 at 08:37:46AM -0400, Ben Collins wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 02, 1999 at 02:14:39PM +0200, Joost Kooij wrote:
> > Hi,

> > > Could you be a little more specific, perhaps?  Which bug?
> >
> > Some bug in the kernel networking code that leaves 2.2.x kernels (all I
> > believe) vulnerable to DoS attacks.
> >
> > The latest Debian release (2.1 aka Slink) is not vulnerable to this
> > attack, because it ships with a 2.0.36 kernel, which is supposedly not
> > affected by the reported bug.
> >
> > Maybe someone should send out an announcement to the usual places.
> > Cheers,
>
> The SPARC slink release is 2.2.1, so it is affected.

That's not completely correct. The Sparc slink release has got 2.0.35
_and_ 2.2.1. 2.2.1 was mostly added as an alternative kernel and to
allow installation on UltraSparcs (which weren't officially supported
in Sparc slink; they just happen to work pretty well with slink and
Steve Dunham and Eric Delaunay put in some extra last minute work to
add support for Ultrasparcs to the Sparc slink boot floppies).

Greetings,

				Christian
--
Christian Meder, email: meder@isr.uni-stuttgart.de