Re: shellutils grave bug
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org ( Debian developers list)
- Subject: Re: shellutils grave bug
- From: Julian Gilbey <J.D.Gilbey@qmw.ac.uk>
- Date: Wed, 2 Jun 1999 15:03:14 +0100 (BST)
- Message-id: <E10pBbu-00067v-00@polya>
- In-reply-to: <E10pA74-00006w-00@polya> from Julian Gilbey at "Jun 2, 1999 1:27:18 pm"
> Four or five bug reports have just been submitted because the i386
> port of shellutils (just uploaded by the autobuilder, I would guess --
> haven't checked) has a non-setuid-root su. So I tried recompiling the
> slink version -- and I has the *same* problem.
> I plan to investigate and to do an NMU very soon, once I'm able to
> find the real problem. If I can't, I'll just stick an appropriate
> line in debian/rules for the time being.
Found the problem: the slink version of debhelper didn't strip the
setuid bit from executables, the current potato version does. Fix:
NMU is currently in progress.
Julian Gilbey, Dept of Maths, QMW, Univ. of London. J.D.Gilbey@qmw.ac.uk
Debian GNU/Linux Developer, see http://www.debian.org/~jdg