Re: Ishmail (mail client) now GPLed

[Moved to -devel]

On Mon, May 31, 1999 at 11:33:09 +0100, Phillip Deackes wrote:
> make: *** No rule to make target `/usr/X11R6/lib/libXmu.a', needed by
> `linux/ishmail.shx'.  Stop.
> I got the same problem with the static and shmx versions. I do have
> libXmu.a in the above directory so I assume it has to do with me having
> lesstif and not motif.

I think there's something slightly wrong with the "bmake" script. What
worked for me was to remove the regular X and Motif libraries from the
"LIBS" define under "Linux" in "bmake".

> Does the Motif license allow someone else to compile a dynamic or static
> version of a Motif app to redistribute to others?

AFAIK the Motif license allows the redistribution of both dynamically and
statically linked version of Motif applications.

POPULATION EXPLOSION  Unique in human experience, an event which happened
yesterday but which everyone swears won't happen until tomorrow.