Re: build cluster for all architectures.

On Thu, May 27, 1999 at 09:54:49PM +0200, Jens Ritter wrote:

> > > So how about a submit queue.  You submit the source for compiling, and it mails
> > > you the results.  If it fails you do another submit.
> >
> > Mailing would have to be an option (perhaps mail to the local account
> > the the build system and allow .forward for sending to alternative
> > emails). From experience, these build logs can by between 50 to 2000k
> > and more. Also from experience though, most of the useful fail
> > information is in the last 100 lines or less (food for thought).
>
> Well, then: mailing the tail --lines=200 to the maintainer. I guess this
> will be easy to implement (I haven't worked on the build daemon, so
> what do the experts say?).
>
> Maybe the mail could indicate the true length of the build log and if you
> reply to the mail, the log is send to you completely (compressed, split

You could just be able to get it by ftp, at less for now, far simpler, and
there is no real need to have a complex email system for it. (maybe install
some kind of ftp per email server on it, but that will handle only local ftp
requestes)

Friendly,

Sven LUTHER