Ideas for pppconfig

How about including a list of ISPs with options for them already set?

I use Demon Internet, as do some other Debian developers:

Steve Haslam <steve@arise.demon.co.uk>
Edward John M. Brocklesby [Debian Key] <EJB@KLAMATH.DEMON.CO.UK>
Andrew Martin Adrian Cater <amacater@galactic.demon.co.uk>
Ian Lynagh <ian@lynagh.demon.co.uk>
John Lines <john@paladin.demon.co.uk>
N.P.Flintham <nick@flinny.demon.co.uk>
Malc Arnold <malc@thing.demon.co.uk>
Tom Lees <tom@lpsg.demon.co.uk>
Dave Holland <dave@zenda.demon.co.uk>
Luis Francisco Gonzalez <luisgh@aguere.demon.co.uk>

It is quite a popular ISP in the UK for Linux uses. Would it be possible to
provide an option near the beginning of pppconfig to select an ISP already
discribed. Eg:

Please Select you ISP:

1, Demon Internet
2, J Random ISP
3, etc.

9, Not listed

The final setting, would carry on as is currently the case. The ISP configs
could include: type of authorentification supported, DNS numbers, phone
numbers, maybe even how to smarthosts for exim or pop3 servers for fetchmail.

I am sure Debian Developers would be willing to supply connection profiles for
their ISPs, who knows, we may even get some for AOL and Compuserve.

Just a thought.

--
I consume, therefore I am