Re: problems on rxvt-ml

I received a kind reply from the maintainer already and
this may be obsolete issue now, but I get some information
from members of Debian JP which may be useful for someone.

> [I] On the menu
> postinst of rxvt-ml does not do
>
> if test -x /usr/bin/update-menus; then update-menus; fi

The maintainer said this will be fixed in the next release.

> [II] Message with option -ls

It was reported that this was not reproduced by the maintainer
and also by members of Debian JP so I thought this is a problem
of my system alone.

But recently some members of Debian JP taught me that this
is related to the settings of "biff" and/or "mesg" in
.profile(sh family)/.login(csh family).

In my case, I set "biff n" in my .login and after commenting out
this setting I do not see the message like
/dev/ttyp7: Operation not permitted.

The reason is too technical for me so I can not explain precisely
in English. But if anyone encounter the same problem, please
check your .profile/.login

I hope this is useful for some Debian users.

Thanks in advance,		1999.5.30

--
 Debian JP Developer - much more I18N of Debian
 Atsuhito Kohda <kohda@pm.tokushima-u.ac.jp>