Need opinions on packaging SETI daemon safely.

The SETI daemon, for those that don't know allows you to help search
the stellar signal archives for signs of intelligent life.  The
problem with it is that it only comes as a binary so there's no way to
know that it's safe.

Normally I'd just ignore a program like that, but this one is cool
enough that I think it's worth going to some effort to make it easy
for people to run it safely.

I was thinking about creating a package that either includes the
binary (if that's allowed by their license) or is just an installer
package (like realplayer, etc.) that sets things up so that the daemon
runs in a "safe" (possibly chrooted) environment.  I don't want it to
have access to *anything* on the system outside its little playpen.

Thoughts?

I'm not sure I'll have time for this soon, so if anyone else thinks
this is a good idea, and is interested, please feel free to let me
know and then to go ahead with it.

Thanks