Re: PROPOSAL: automatic installation and configuration

From: Daniel Burrows <Daniel_Burrows@brown.edu>
>   The idea was to make a program similar to dialog, but which would
> interpret a mini-language and be abstracted around data instead of widgets.

Not to sound like an XML biggot, but what about using XML to describe
the fields and acceptable answers?  There is an abundance of tools to
parse XML in any practical language you might consider.

>   I think this may be a better approach than simply asking for answers
> because it allows both structure and distinction between different data

I agree with these advantages.

>   If anyone else thinks this is a good idea I'll revive the project and
> start working on the C (or maybe C++) incarnation.

I like the general idea (describe the questions in some data format).

--Amos

--Amos Shapira                  | "Of course Australia was marked for
amos@gezernet.co.il             |  by the finest judges in England."