apt-get install wordperfect?

Is it possible for commercial software to make it into the Debian
archives(presumably in non-free)?

A lot of commercial software uses license keys to control otherwise
freely downloadable software. And being able to upgrade wordperfect,
blender and vmware via "apt-get upgrade" would be this lazy admin's
fantasy.

Blame the laziness on the apt boys, btw. That tool is just too damn easy
to use :)

Seriously though. I think we're going to start seeing more and more
commercial stuff on the market and while it won't compete with the free
utils and apps we already have, some of the software does fill niches.

Can anyone say apt-get install quake3?

-Mark