Re: mass-installing Debian

On Mon, May 24, 1999, Goswin Brederlow wrote:
> Wouldn't it be nice if dpkg would tell you what exactly has changed
> between the packages config file and what the difference to your
> config is?
>
> I allways wonder what has changed, since I normally haven't changed
> those files dpkg askes me about.

Everything already exists in dpkg to perform this comparison : when
dpkg prompts me for a config file replacement, I type `Z' to get a
shell, and I use `diff package.conf package.conf.dpkg-new' to find
out the differences between the two files...

I think that making this step automatical would make a dpkg session
too verbose and too prompting.

--
MaXX