Re: Intent to package GNU Philosophy web pages

On Sun, 23 May, 1999, Joseph Carter wrote:
> I have the same objection to this I had to the anarchist thing:  You're
> trying to package their website.  I don't think we should be doing that.
>
> Granted I'd rather see this website packaged before one trying to tell me
> all about the good political and philosphical things resulting from
> anarchy, but my objection is not at all based on the content.

Why does Debian only accept free software? What is so good about free
software? It is all explained in this package.

I think it is important for an explanation of the benefits of free software
to be included in Debian.

It is not the whole web site, only a couple of articals about free software.
It is similar to the packaging of the Debian Developer's Reference or Debian
New Maintainers' Guide, they are both on the Debian web site.

The Anarchist FAQ is not a web site either, it is an FAQ, we have loads of
FAQs already, and I accept they are all a little more computer related, but
Debian is an anarchic organisation (a poor link I know, but a link never the
less).

If your objection remains, I will not upload the package.

--
I consume, therefore I am