Re: An 'ae' testimony

May I put in a word on behalf of anyone like me who comes from a dos/windows
environment and loves the whole concept of linux and debian in particular
but feels absolutely lost in it?  I've spent hours a day for the last few
weeks trying to edit configuration files and cut down the size of log files
(Am I supposed to do that?) and wishing I had something as intuitive as dos
edit, where arrow-up goes up one and arrow-left goes left one and (not
intuitive, but easily learnt) the shift key marks it and the delete key
removes it.  I use ae because it seems to me (as someone coming from dos) a
little less unpredictable than vi, and with the trouble I've had so far I
don't feel like experimenting with emacs or joe or jed or whatever else.

David