Re: (LONG) Correct non-US solution

On Sat, May 22, 1999 at 03:09:43AM -0400, Richard Stallman wrote:
>     e.g. if i hear of a cool idea for a new and/or improved gadget, i
>     can build one myself and use it whenever i like.
>
> In the US, you can be sued for patent infringement for doing that.  I
> am not certain that it is so in all countries.  Do you know with
> certainty that some countries make an exception for that kind of use?
In Sweden, patent law restricts only professional use, not personal
use. I imagine that there are other countries with the same sort of
law. This still means the software isn't free, though, because I can
only use it for certain, limited purposes, but it is at least better
than not being able to (legally) use it at all.

--

Patrik Nordebo		patrik@nordebo.com
http://a39.ryd.student.liu.se/~isildur