Re: request to kill nag messages

On Fri, May 21, 1999 at 08:34:16PM -0500, John Goerzen wrote:
> > Wrong.  Brian White is no longer the release manager, so he has no special
> > privilege to send mails like this.
>
> What special priviledge is necessary?  The very fact that the bug has
> been open for that long I think entitles anyone to send them out.

Considering that nobody getting them is unaware of the status of their
bugs first, and that the same people also say that even if they were not
the message is not generally helpful.

Someone wishing to have a reminder of bug status may choose to subscribe
to a report.

Closing bugs just because you can't fix them is wrong.

* lilo hereby declares OPN a virtual pain in the ass :)