Re: [ITP/mostly packaged] hftpd

On Tue, May 18, 1999 at 05:09:27PM -0400, Michael Stone wrote:
[snip]
> > We really should have a policy for things like this. How about adding
> > another Provides: to kernel images (built by the excellent make-kpkg):
>
> Because too many people don't use debian kernel images.

How about only making dependant packages "suggest" the appropriate kernel
version?  That gets around this problem.

make-kpkg really rocks.  Everyone should use it - and those deviants using
other distributions can always use "alien" ;-)

Personally I'm fairly inclined to making it a recommends after all - anyone
who doesn't use make-kpkg deserves what they get.

Adrian

email: adrian.bridgett@zetnet.co.uk, http://www.poboxes.com/adrian.bridgett
Windows NT - Unix in beta-testing.   PGP key available on public key servers
Avoid tiresome goat sacrifices  -=-  use Debian Linux http://www.debian.org