Re: [ITP/mostly packaged] hftpd

On Mon, May 17, 1999 at 08:39:31PM -0500, Justin Maurer wrote:
> oh, i probably should've mentioned this earlier, but i've been packaging
> hftpd. i'm mostly done, but need to hack in an /etc/init.d script, and i think
> i'll be done after that.
>
> hftpd is a superb, linux-optimized ftpd. i am going to have a little bit
> in the postinst that makes note that people really should roll their own,
> since it can use a lot of 2.2 kernel features and such. it was written
> by zach brown, one of the puffins (http://www.thepuffingroup.com/). the
> page is http://www.zabbo.net/hftpd/

How about a 2.2 and 2.0 version?

We really should have a policy for things like this. How about adding
another Provides: to kernel images (built by the excellent make-kpkg):

 Package: kernel-image-2.2.7
 Version: tr.pre0
 Section: base
 Architecture: i386
 Suggests: lilo (>= 19.1),  fdutils, kernel-doc-2.2.7
 Provides: kernel-image, kernel-image-2.2

I've only added ", kernel-image-2.2" to what was already generated.

Comments?

Adrian

email: adrian.bridgett@zetnet.co.uk, http://www.poboxes.com/adrian.bridgett
Windows NT - Unix in beta-testing.   PGP key available on public key servers
Avoid tiresome goat sacrifices  -=-  use Debian Linux http://www.debian.org