LDP news (was Re: Hardware working with Linux)

Martin Schulze <joey@finlandia.Infodrom.North.DE> writes:

> I have noticed that several HOWTO's are way out-dated.

BTW, Lars Wirzenius, a cofounder of the LDP, just resigned as leader.
I'm not sure who will step up to the job.  However, whoever takes the
job, I hope that the next leader of the LDP follows the policies that
Lars had started to try to implement
(cf. <URL:http://hibase.cs.hut.fi/~liw/ldp/>):

  * cvs access for all
  * sgml based (DocBook or linuxdoc)
  * separate out all non-free material

Their scheme reminds me of the DDP system Oliver put in place.

BTW, we rather are still in need of some agressive documenter to take
over the DDP as well.  Josip Rodin has initially made some noises
about doing this, but its been long enough with no action that I think
it's time to put out the clarion call again.

[ No, I can't nominate myself, since I don't think I could give it
enough time, what with my many packages, boot floppies documentation,
developers reference, doc-base (languishing!), and now, SPARC porting
and porter documentation. ]