Re: VA Research and linux.com

On Tue, 18 May 1999, Steve Lamb wrote:

> On Wed, 19 May 1999 00:27:16 -0500, David Welton wrote:
>
> >Wow... Debian gets *lots* of publicity on linux.com.  Very cool!
>
>     Not that it does any good.  "Wow, this site runs on Debian."  *click*
> "Cool, a Linux computer."  *click*  "Whoa, I can only get Red Hat.  Huh?"

you know, that puts me to thinking. I just saw Linux.com this morning at
work. (This is my HOME address. I don't freaking read it at work. Deal. ;)

If VAR's willing to toss a drive or even a system my way, or even a
couple, at absolutely *no* charge, I will build them debian images they
can use as masters for building Debian machines. Hell, I'll pay shipping
back to them. It'd be my third time doing it (I've built a batch of 30
debian machines, highly specialized, and a master image for 40
non-specialized workstations.) and it really isn't that hard to duplicate
drives.

Lemme know.

-prj